This post is, to sum up, the top benefits of backlinks in SEO along with a slight introduction of backlinks for beginners.
Before Backlinks should I spare a paragraph on SEO. Absolutely not because I think it’s really useless to give insight on SEO assuming that when you are reading my article you definitely have some know how about WordPress websites and then you must also know SEO i.e., search engine optimization. But in case we have a newbie around, simply visit the articles attached below to get a brief idea of SEO and how it works.
Now coming to the matter at hand i.e., What are backlinks? What importance do they have on websites? Why are they essential to SEO?
Below are the answers to all the questions regarding backlinks in SEO.
General insight on Backlinks in SEO:
Backlinks are one of the main parts of Google’s algorithms as they are incoming links to your webpage. They are also regarded as “inbound links” or “incoming links”.
To put it simply, backlinks are basically linking the web page to the other pages. This was one of the sources to get high SEO ranking. It works in a way that a page with a lot of backlinks tended to rank higher on all major search engines, including Google. This is an old concept which is pretty much legit today, in fact, it is true to a large extent.
Common terms that are used in backlinks are:
- Link Juice: Link juice helps you in getting higher ranking among other web pages’ links. Whenever a webpage link to your content, let’s suppose an article or media, it passes link juice. This link juice helps in the high ranking of your content.
- No-follow link: This doesn’t contribute to the ranking of your content. Instead, this is helpful when you are linking your site to an unreliable site, and you want to stop passing the link juice. You can use a no-follow tag to do so.
- Do-follow link: By default, all the links that you add to a blog post are do-follow links and these pass link juice.
- High-quality links: High-quality links are the ones that decide the high and high ranking of your website because these links are in the good books of Google. These links can be websites or blogs who are following the ethical guidelines stated by Google. If you are getting link juice from such websites, you are following a right path.
- Low-Quality links: Links that come from harvested sites, automated sites, and spam sites are categorized as low-quality links. These links will derail your ranking on Google or maybe worse can happen. Always stay under the guidelines stated by Google and one should be alert when purchasing backlinks for their websites/blogs.
- Internal links: Links that are going from one page to another within the same domain are called internal links. The process itself is referred to as internal linking or interlinking.
- Anchor text: Anchor text backlink work when you are trying to get ranking for a particular keyword. Anchor text is basically a text that is used for hyperlinks.
What effects do Backlinks in SEO have on your business:
Here are some of the important effects backlinks in SEO have on your websites:
Search Engine Ranking:
Since all the chaos on websites is about SEO ranking and search engine tend to bring half of the online traffic to your website. Backlinks are the main source of bringing traffic or in technical terms “organic ranking” to your website. If the backlink is of high quality, relevant to your industry, has the right anchor text and is a do follow link, Google will rate it higher and improve rankings for the keywords on your target page. This, in turn, will help you to get more organic traffic.
As mentioned above, search engines provide half the traffic which is a good thing but then what about the other half? Another half of the traffic is independent of search engine rankings. Here comes referral traffic which covers a large percentage of total traffic. Referral traffic is basically the traffic that is generated by people getting access to your account through inbound links. But links don’t only lead to search engine traffic. A well-placed link on an authority site can direct an abundance of referral traffic. Another interesting fact about well-placed links is that a single link on a popular website can continue to push traffic to your website for years.
Create Brand Authority:
Backlinks are associated with not just bringing traffic to your site but they also increase the credibility of your website through Google. When Google looks to these links which are a good sign that your website provides useful information, consumers see it as a good indication that your brand is one that they should take an interest in. Google passes your website as one with credible and useful information, your potential customers will also consider your website as one where they can or should take interest in.
Long-term Sales planning:
Feel free to invest in link building because, link building, unlike other traditional marketing tactics last longer. Links get you a permanent placement that continues to send referral traffic for the duration of their lifetime. On the other hands paid ads and other marketing strategies you only get temporary visibility of your content. Once you stop putting your content will be forgotten shortly. So, if your business can benefit from more search visibility, greater brand recognition, and authority, more traffic, and/or a better competitive edge, you should be working on a link building campaign. But here what really matters is how you approach link building? If you frame your links into good, valuable, relevant content and keep your links valuable with your users in mind, you should have no problem earning the recurring, compounding return of these benefits.
Link building can often lead to outreach with other relevant websites which will work as a promotion to your specific content. A common goal of outreach is to get a link, but there is much more to it than just this: Outreach can help you build long-term relationships with key influencers in your industry, and these relationships can mean that your business becomes highly regarded and trusted.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?