Before 2016 when there was no WP Reset Plugin. I remember how i used to have several WordPress installations on my localhost and on my server as well. Yes! for every new client or project there is new installation. Luckily at the end of 2016 i started working as WordPress theme developer for themeforest.net. Now it was the time when i required new or fresh WordPress installation quite often for testing purposes. For example a new WordPress theme’s unit test and several time the theme checks always required a new WordPress installation. To see if one click demo is going through nicely, if the plugins are installing right way. If media is being imported the correct way.
The above scenario is related to a theme developer who cares about features and reliability of WordPress themes. So for making sure it required to have fresh WordPress installation again and again. It was not easy to install new WordPress again and again. Then i searched and luckily found WordPress Reset plugin on wordpress.org. Thanks to the developers of this awesome WordPress plugin. Actually i am a developer who rely very less on plugins for features. But WP Reset plugin won my heart and i have been using plugin regularly after 2016. WP Reset plugin have made my life really easy to get fresh WordPress installations.
How WordPress Reset Plugin Works?
The plugin is really a piece of cake when it comes to use it. This require you no additional setup or registrations and works really smoothly. WordPress reset plugin have really simple way to install then run and reset the WordPress like new installation.
- In case you are looking for how to install new WordPress why not reset existing one?
- Go to WP Reset plugin’s home page and download the plugin and install it going to wp-admin >> plugins >> add new. Four ways to install WordPress plugin.
- Now in wp-admin >> tools >> You get new option WP Reset click on that option.
- Please read the instructions carefully and you should know database would be reset completely and there is no way to undo the reset.
- Important to note that your media files, themes, plugins, the current admin user you are logged in with will not be deleted. However on reset default WordPress theme will be activated just like fresh WordPress installation.
- Now its time to take action type word reset. The reason to type this you know what you are doing. After typing reset click the Reset WordPress button and you have got a fresh installed WordPress.
What users say about WordPress Reset Plugin?
While i am writing this review WP Reset plugin have got 151 5 start ratings and reviews on wordpress.org. Instead of sharing the review of other users being a loyal user of WP Reset plugin i would share my own review here.
It was real pain to install new WordPress CMS again and again. Until i found WP Reset Plugins to restore my WordPress which made my life really easy. Plugin is really straight forward to its name and do best what it claims to do. Just install plugin, write reset click reset button and done! Yahoo! and your themes, plugins, media files are not deleted so no need to backup wp-content/ directory also. Thanks to the authors.Ateeq Rafeeq – Webful Creations
Extending my feedback further want to let you know the simplicity and reliability of the plugin. Plugin even don’t advertise anything around, or force you for pro version or force you for email nothing. Its just like a built in WordPress feature. Don’t listen me just try the plugin now.
Is it safe to keep reset WordPress plugin active?
As i told you above before plugin do anything or take any action. Plugin require you to enter reset word its not a by mistake button click or checkbox click. This simple authentication make sure you are in your all senses before you reset or restore your WordPress. So yes its completely safe and secure to keep WP reset plugin active and on.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?