In this post, you will learn about an ongoing debate WordPress vs Blogger. Which one is better? This is a question every content writer or a blogger (especially newbies) want an answer to. Both WordPress and Blogger are almost always in the limelight because these two are the biggest blogging platforms. Besides these two (the undisputed kings of the blogging sphere) are really easy to access and free to download. Which is the main attraction for bloggers? Now to choose one is quite difficult if you don’t look up to their features in detail. YES, apparently they may seem similar. But if you go in depth you’ll find many contradictions in their styles, formats, plugins, themes, and many supporting features.
These many differences can be ignored by a novice blogger but as an advanced and professional blogger, you just cannot ignore them. Because they can deeply affect the progress of your content and your search engine optimization.
WordPress vs Blogger
Let’s start the WordPress vs Blogger comparison. So you can decide for yourself which one is better and appropriate for your needs and modern day writing.
Here we will first discuss the features of both WordPress and Blogger than a combined comparison for you to conclude the result yourself.
Main features of blogger are:
- Blogging services on blogger are provided by Google.
- Perks of being owned by Google is that if you have a Gmail account then you already have a blogger account. Moreover, Google itself takes care of your whole activity on the blog.
- This blogging launchpad is totally free and a few clicks away from your access.
- To start all you have to do is log onto your Google account. Click the “New Blog” button. Set your blog’s name. Pick a suitable domain (.blogspot.com URL). Choose a template and off you go.
- Writing and publishing are quite simple as all the options are rather forthright so it’s done and dusted in just three steps.
– Write content.
– Preview it
– Publish it.
- You can easily monetize your blog with a built-in AdSense feature.
- Google plus account access is also taken care of as it’s owned by Google.
- Coming to writing pattern. All the basic web fonts are available. You have three heading options. You can easily put links, pictures, and videos in your blog post along with different labels.
- There are 7 templates available to choose from.
- You can change blogger layout by just a drag and drop option.
- Self-customization is available but for that, you need to know HTML and CSS.
All in all this site is super easy to use and you are just 5 minutes away from your own blogger account.
Main features of WordPress are:
- It’s one of the biggest content management system (CMS).
- It’s all yours. You use a WordPress hosting provider to host your site.
- It’s completely free to start.
- WordPress offers thousands of themes and plugins to moderate your site or take your business (Yes from simple blog you can create a business of yourself on WordPress) to a next level. These themes and plugins are both free and paid.
Read more about WordPress themes and plugins at Webful Creations.
- Having the ownership of your site in your hands also allows you to expand it to new features like e-store, portfolios etc. sometimes from default settings and sometimes through self-customization.
- The more professional effect you want to have on your site the more premium WordPress themes are here to help.
- These premium WordPress themes not only improves the appearance of our site but also keeps your site secure by backing up data through different themes and plugins.
- You can easily change the domain name and your domain host.
- Transferring your site to other content management systems is also an easy task.
- Apart from the general features WordPress also offers a strong community system to provide you full support and help. To operate this support system there are experienced WordPress user and developers who help you through online documentation, community forums, and IRC chatrooms.
Both of these blogging platforms indeed offer a good content management software but on a close comparison of WordPress vs Blogger only then will we be able to conclude which one is better.
Blogger, since owned by Google hasn’t seen any big and advance change in its functionality. On the other hand WordPress, because of its independent software has changed itself accordingly. There is always a threat to the blogger that Google can anytime shut it while WordPress has quite bright future as it has become world’s most popular content management system.
The main concern of the makers of Blogger was only blogging. That’s why it’s one of the easiest blogging methods. WordPress, on the other hand, can give quite a hard time for a newbie because of its complex and extensive features. But honestly, that hard work totally pays off as those incredible features make a visibly ordinary job of blogging a professional one.
The appearance of the blogger is simply ordinary because the template and theme options provided by the blogger are very limited and there are very low chances of novelty in blogs. Many professional and advanced users complain about non-availability of high-end features. WordPress with its plethora of premium themes and plugins always offers a new sight to every blog. But remember these themes are not always free.
SEO, one of the most important aspects of any site has a huge impact on these two sites. Blogger lack in SEO optimization because SEO depends on how you configure your site on google and you have very little command over your site in blogger. On the contrary, you can make your WordPress account SEO friendly by adding SEO plugins as you have complete command over your site.
Summing it up all I’ll suggest that use blogger if your sole goal is only writing and you don’t want to face all the serious drama of plugins, hosts, server etc. Use WordPress if you want to make a profession apppearance someday and want to do some serious business.
I hope this detailed guide of the features of blogger and WordPress and their comparison of WordPress vs Blogger would clear your hesitation in choosing a perfect blogging platform for yourself.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?