Mostly when you are running your website on a CMS or any other Famous Application. Which also have the open source which means if the hackers can hack 1 website. Same way they can attack million other sites using same platform.
So if you fail to keep your system upto date specially for security releases. There are chances you can get hacked and you can need an expert help.
Got hacked? or need Expert to see your website? we can help you contact us. @ 19$ only!
The most common reasons for a website to be compromised are:
- Outdated web application. Many updates for a web application (Joomla!, WordPress, Drupal, etc) include several security patches and it is very important to always keep your application updated to the latest available version in order to make sure that all core security vulnerabilities for it are patched.
- Outdated web application extensions. If you have installed any extensions/plugins/modules/themes on your website, you have to keep them up-to-date just as you keep your main web application. Extensions are also regularly updated to include security patches for newly found vulnerabilities.
- Weak user/administrator passwords. You must ensure that all users on your website have strong passwords, especially the administrators and the ones who can create and manage content on your site. If your website is already compromised – make sure to update the passwords for all of these users to ensure that the attackers will not be able to use them.
- Weak cPanel/User Area/FTP accounts passwords. As with the users on your application, you must ensure that your cPanel, User Area and FTP accounts passwords are strong and cannot be easily guessed. Again, as with the website users – make sure to update these passwords too if your website is already compromised.
- Infected local computer – some computer viruses/worms are known to steal FTP logins and after that add malicious code to web files. To prevent such problems, always make sure to have an updated antivirus software and scan your computer for viruses regularly.
If you want our WordPress maintenance service we cover all these types of issues in our monthly service also!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?