WP Super cache plugin for WordPress generates static HTML pages from dynamic WordPress website which makes server response time and loading time of website faster. Once plugin save cache for specific time period that static pages displayed to users and reduce server resource usage and increase speed of webstie. If your website is loading very slow you should always use wp super cache plugin you can check your website speed at google page speed test server. It is very important to setup WordPress super cache plugin properly so it can work and do well. Follow the steps below to set wp super cache plugin properly.
Configuring WP Super cache plugin
- Install wp Super cache plugin and activate plugin. How to Install WordPress Plugin
- Go to plugin page and select Caching on (Recommended) Option update status.
- Go to Advanced tab in plugin options.
- Check Cache hits to this website for quick access. (Recommended)
- Select Use mod_rewrite to serve cache files. (Recommended)
- Check Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors. (Recommended)
- Check 304 Not Modified browser caching. Indicate when a page has not been modified since last requested. (Recommended)
- Check Don’t cache pages for known users. (Recommended)
- Check Cache rebuild. Serve a supercache file to anonymous users while a new file is being generated. (Recommended)
- Click on update status
After doing all recommended settings and clicking Update status button you would get Mod_Rewrite Rules in Advanced tab which you have to update in .htaccess file. Click on Update Mod_Rewrite Rules
After doing that you are mostly done with setting up your wp super cache plugin properly now you can Check Expiry Time & Garbage Collection area this can help you as well to increase your WordPress website speed.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?