This post is about Social lockers in WordPress. And main concern of this post will basically to give you an insight into how you can increase your websites’ traffic through social lockers by using WordPress themes and plugins.
Let’s start with the importance of social buttons. We very often see social buttons on different websites whether it’d be a blog, online store, or any other business related stuff. But why are they there? What importance do they have for the author of the content or the owner of the store? How can they be used for increasing traffic or ranking? These are some of the questions that you must know before going any further with this topic.
Some insight on social buttons:
As we all know that how important social media appearance for any website is. These are to provide you access to followers all around the globe which not only fulfills the purpose of any website by bringing in lots of traffic but also helps you in getting high SEO ranking. But it’s not necessary that everyone who visits your website would consider going to your social media accounts through web browsers for your good. That is why we have social buttons. Social buttons are a shortcut for guiding your followers straight to your social media platforms.
But then again the same thing. Why would the visitor bother clicking on your social buttons if they don’t have any legit reason to do so? Or why would they bother even a click-away access to your social media platform if they are getting every bit of information on your website? This ease for your customer (providing all the information openly on your website) will cost you many things. These may include low SEO score, less traffic, and very few quality followers.
So, let’s learn today how you can make your website content work harder for you. How can you achieve a good SEO ranking without any investment or extra effort? How can you increase traffic to your social media platform simply by your content? YES!!! You read that right. You can do all of this directly from your content. This special offer comes with WordPress as it provides you social lockers. Because you truly deserve being rewarded when you are facilitating people with amazing stuff using WordPress and providing the world with all new perspective on different things.
Social lockers in WordPress:
When you put social buttons on your content but visitors don’t like or visit your social media platforms as much as they should. And in the result, you fail to reach reasonable ranking and traffic for your website, that’s when you need to put social lockers in your content.
Social lockers basically lock your content from easy, one-click access to a set of social buttons. With social lockers, you ask people to like, tweet, shares, +1s to get to read the article. Or download the content, themes or get access to complete site. It helps to improve social performance of your website. It brings you more likes, shares, build quality followers for you and attract more traffic from social networks.
In short, through social lockers, you put articles, videos, audio, images, download links, etc as an incentive to increase your traffic. This way the more people would want to visit your site, the more you’ll get likes and shares on social media platforms and the more high SEO score you will get.
Other useful benefits of Social Lockers:
- Social lockers help you build a loyalty based fan following. HOW? Simply lock your special content and give a disclaimer that the hidden content is only for your loyal visitors. Or it’s for those customers who never mind giving you a thumbs up and appreciate your work by commenting and sharing.
- Most social locker plugins give you 8 social buttons for all major social networks in the same interface. Hence the visitor can at once click on them all. Burt the more courteous way to utilize this is by putting on a couple of them like facebook, twitter, +1 for the promo. And the rest for the complete article. This will help the visitor to know a tiny bit beforehand. And they would know whether the content is useful for them or not.
- You can monetize your locked content. You can charge (either as off payment or as a recurring subscription) your visitors for unlocking your content. But then here you have to be very cautious that the money you set is worth spending on the content you have.
WordPress Content Locker Plugins:
Coming on to the main part i.e., plugins for Social lockers in WordPress. Below is the list of best Social lockers in WordPress.
One Press Social Locker:
If you are looking for a simple yet amazing social locker plugin than don’t hesitate in getting One Press Social Lockers. As One Press Social Locker is one of the most popular, well-rated, easily downloadable and free plugins. Some of its prominent features include:
- This gives three social buttons for your content which are Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet, Google +1. You can get the rest from its premium version.
- This plugin has built-in mobile optimization. Mobile users can also obtain access to your locked content exactly the same way as desktop users.
- Confirmed with tests from the P3 plugin and New Relic, this plugin’s optimization is pretty fast. Plus it does not put extra pressure on your website. So it has good loading speed.
- You can create your own extensions and hooks like a lock, unlock, ready through self-customization option.
- It has built-in advanced analytics through which you can detect your locker’s work efficiency. (how it is performing on which social platform)
Easy Social Locker:
This plugin, if not more advanced among the rest than it surely is the quickest locker around. It automatically allows you to lock any page, post, or any other selected content of your choice. This function gives you more likes, shares, in’s, tweets or +1’s. Other prominent features are as follows:
- It provides hiding counter for every social media platform.
- Through automatic locker, you can even lock separate blog categories in just one click.
- It made the availability of same URL possible to be liked again even when it’s already liked by the same user. This is possible by recreating URL of the same website with a different address.
- Its just easy to use but the developer of themes and plugins can add this with just one line of code.
- It also provides shortcodes to lock selected content.
Share locker is famous especially for its first-time introduction of facebook share (one of the top Google ranking factor) as a content locker. But it’s not restricted to only facebook sharing. In fact, it is a five in one features plugin i.e., share to unlock, like to unlock, tweet to unlock, Google + to unlock, and VK like to unlock. Other prominent features are as follows:
- This plugin is really simple to install and use with step by step guide.
- It can lock any content type, text, HTML, images, videos, flash, ebooks, files until the visitor decides to share or like your page.
- It can work fine in both configuration and non-configuration.
- You can put multiple locks on one post.
- It’s RTL supported, hence it shows facebook like and share options in your language.
Like 2 Unlock for WordPress:
It’s a double deal in one package. With Like 2 Unlock locker your content not only gets read but also gets liked at once as soon as the reader presses like button to unlock the content. And as we all know that one’s SEO ranking and traffic depends on the likability of the content, so this locker plugin is really useful. Other prominent features are as follows:
- You just need to set a URL to get started.
- It’s highly customizable. You can create your own style for the locker.
- Only those can access the content who owns a Facebook profile and once connected it remembers them through cookies.
- It too provides events for developers: Unlock, Lock, Ready and others.
- With the provision of its qualitative performance optimization, it does not put extra pressure on your blog.
Social Share Motivator:
Like various other WordPress plugins, this locker also prevents access to visitor’s to your content but accessible to all search engines. Its specialty is that it doesn’t give the visitor’s a choice. They either have to share your content before unlocking or they’ll have to leave the site. Social Share Motivator can lock specific posts and/or pages. For example, only your download page, leaving the rest of your site easily accessible as always. It can also help by saving you from unlocking your contact page etc. Other prominent features are as follows:
- The plugin features responsive social icons for better display on cell phones and tablets.
- The only chance of getting unhindered access to the content is by sharing it on Facebook, Twiter, and Google+.
- it can lock the whole site but excluding specific pages or posts.
- This plugin also provides you options for custom page title letting you define the title and URL of a page that will be shared instead of the currently visited.
Summing it all, Social lockers are indeed one of the biggest rewards of WordPress to its users. They can now have better SEO rankings and have had much more traffic than usual. But there’s one thing that should be kept in mind and that is NEVER EVER DISAPPOINT THE READER. Only put the lockers on your content when you think your content is worth some effort or money from visitor’s end.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?