WordPress rely on cookies which your web browser store in your computer or mobile. The data WordPress store in cookies is mostly user information to keep him signed in. If your device or browser refuse to write or store that data into cookies in that case WordPress cannot keep you or let you login.
You should know what is the error about the error is your browser isn’t able to write cookies on your device. If you have installed WordPress recently or you changed protocol from https:// to http:// or http:// to https://.
In case you just started using www. while you weren’t using www. before in start of domain. Or you upgrade php version then the solution can be clear your cookies and cache.
Please wait!!! Have Patience if something major changed on your server like PHP version, your website updated or something else give it at least 20 minutes before you do changes to wp-config file. Yes you can try to clear cookies anytime.
I was able to login all the time before? What happen now?
Don’t worry you are dealing with machines they aren’t smart enough. If you are sure your cookies are enabled and your browser was having no problem in recent past.
In that case you should clear your cookies and cache for the website. And try again i think this would work for you.
Clear cache & cookies – Chrome
Google explains how to clear cache and cookies.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Learn how to change more cookie settings in Chrome. For example, you can delete cookies for a specific site.
Clear cache & cookies – Safari
Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:
- Remove stored cookies and data: Click Manage Website Data, select one or more websites, then click Remove or Remove All.Removing the data may reduce tracking, but may also log you out of websites or change website behaviour.
- See which websites store cookies or data: Click Manage Website Data.
Clear cache & cookies – FireFox
Firefox have an awesome documentation to help you clear cache and cookies in FireFox.
Clear cookies for the current website
To delete cookies and site data for a website you’re currently visiting:
- Click the padlock at the left of the address bar.
- Click Clear Cookies and Site data.
Clear cache & cookies – Microsoft Edge
- Delete cookies
- Open the new Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range.
- Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.
- Delete cookies every time you close the browser
- Open Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear every time you close the browser.
- Turn on the Cookies and other site data toggle.
- View cookies
- Open Microsoft Edge and then select Settings and more > Settings > Site permissions.
- Select Cookies and site data. Here you can set specific controls for cookies.
- Select See all cookies and site data to view all cookies saved on your device.
I did everything nothing worked!
Well if you tried everything and nothing worked for Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.
Then you are free to add the following code in your wp-config.php file if that make your site working that’s great. Otherwise you should contact your web hosting company.
define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] ); /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
Need help of an expert?
We can help you sort out the problem really quickly! And we charge only 25$ to fix these kind of errors contact WordPress developer. You can also check our WordPress maintenance service which is created to help your website grow.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?