We are very excited to announce that our RepairBuddy WordPress plugin now have a great addon for QuickBooks. Using QuickBooks addon you can extend your RepairBuddy repair shop plugin to fetch customers from your QuickBooks. Also you can directly post your repair jobs to QuickBooks invoices where the parts are linked to Parts, products are linked to Products, services are linked to Services and extras are linked to Extras products and services in QuickBooks. This will let you easily filter the sales based on different line items. While you can easily post a repair job to QuickBooks using send to QuickBooks button but it also have ability to create QuickBooks invoice automatically on a status change.
So if you are using QuickBooks to manage your business’s accounting but want to utilize the features of RepairBuddy to manage jobs. But you are not able to create invoices separately in QuickBooks and RepairBuddy now its auto sync and makes your life easy.
How does QuickBooks Addon – RepairBuddy Works?
Well the main purpose of QuickBooks Addon is to make your life easy for synching your data between QuickBooks and RepairBuddy. There are some simple steps to use the addon and let’s try to cover them one by one.
1. Create QuickBooks app and get credentials
- Sign In to your QuickBooks Developer Account here
- Create New APP here
- Enter Client Name(eg. My App) and Select “Accounting” Scope and Create APP
- Go to Keys & Oauth , if you are using QuickBooks sandbox then copy Development key otherwise copy Production Keys
- Enter https://YOURSITEURL/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-computer-rep-shop-handle&unselect=dashboard&select=quickbooks in Redirect URI
- Save APP then copy client ID and Secret and put both in plugin settings
2. Save QuickBooks credentials and connect with QuickBooks App
After you have saved the settings now you can click Connect QuickBooks button so it can connect your WordPress with QuickBooks. Once your connection is successfully established you will see the message you have granted access for company : Your Company name here.
3. Fetch Customers from QuickBooks
Now you can click fetch customers button to fetch customers from your QuickBooks so you can create invoices for those customers. Remember later new customers from RepairBuddy will automatically be created in QuickBooks so you will not need to do this again and again.
4. Jobs send on status change to QuickBooks
Select a order or job status when job enters to that status invoice is automatically generated in QuickBooks. If you want to handle this manually you can just leave this option blank or selected manually option.
5. Create QuickBooks Invoice from Job Page
If you want to send a repairing job manually to QuickBooks you can just click the button Create QuickBooks Invoice and it will generate QuickBooks invoice for you. Remember if you already have create an invoice for a repairing job that will not be created again.
QuickBooks Invoice Created
That’s it now you have successfully created a QuickBooks invoice from your repairing job and both are linked with each other. Invoice items also shows up the device details if you have been using multiple devices in single repairing job.
Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.